Things to Know When You Visit:
- We Zoom our Sunday services at 11 am. If you're interested in joining the zoom, please contact Pastor Jim at 317-502-7046.
- Our music style varies from Sunday to Sunday between traditional and contemporary.
- You are welcome here! Jesus said, "whoever comes to me I will never drive away." (John 6:37)
- Come learn your spiritual gift(s)!
Types of Christians:
It has been our observation that Christians tend to fall into one of the three following groups:
- Weak and shallow – noncommittal. More of a fan than a follower of Christ.
- Legalistic – rigid and strict. Ignorant of the real teaching of the scriptures. All about the law. Using their bible to pound people into submission.
- Balanced (like Jesus) - Full of grace and truth which is biblically based (John 1:14 & 17)
A Few Things to Know About Jesus:
- He is crazy in love with you (John 3:16)
- He never asked for a dime of support and on at least two occasions He chased greedy preachers out of the temple (John 2:13-16; Luke 19:45-48) - Our church is a family, not a business. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ.
- He declared that His house would be a house of prayer (Mathew 21:13) not a house of teaching or singing. Although teaching, singing, fellowship, and the breaking of bread, etc. provides hope (Acts)
- He told us to seek first His kingdom (Mathew 6:33) and its righteousness that is his will for every one of us.
- He told us we are never to judge anyone regarding their motives or in a hypocritical manner. (Mathew 7:1) We however do not want to misquote or misunderstand this verse (obviously) Observations and evaluations can be freely made about sinful behavior. Judge the sin, not the sinner.
- Parents can judge their children’s behavior or activities.
- Employers can judge their employees’ attitude, performance, etc.
- Elders in the church can judge unruly church members.
- He told us that the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart (Mark 12:28-34; Mathew 22:36-40)
- He told us that after He left, He would send the Holy Spirit to live within us. No other religion promises that their God lives within us.
- He lovingly warned us about a place called Hell (Matthew 10:28)
- He has invited us to live with Him forever in a place he is preparing called heaven (John 14:1-6; 2Corintians 5:1; I Peter 1:3-4; 2 Peter 3:13)
- He promised to return (John 14:1-6)